Cairo Kairos

Friday, July 20, 2007

Praying As He Sleeps
I have spent the day reading Elias Chacour's book "Blood Brothers" ,and, as always, when I read about someone who is really doing something significant for the Kingdom I always get pains of jealousy. Life always seems so mundane to me and every so often God hits me with the reality of what a blessed adn privilaged life I lead. I watch Caleb sleep and I am filled with awe of the gift God has given me.Often at night my prayers focus on our safety and peace of mind but tonight I felt bold and able to move away from prayers of peace and comfortability. I so want this boy to grow to be a "Caleb" whole hearted for God which may not come at an easy price, nor a comfortable lifestyle. I am praying that God will give a vision for Caleb, words that I can pray over him, encourage him and build him up with, and words to set before him to challenge him as he makes his own way and mark for God's kingdom. I am such a haphazard mom, not very disciplined nor structured all things that are not terribly conducive to effective child rearing, yet God has chosen me for this task and I am so thankful. If ya think about it pray that God would give a clear vision that will guide his years...oh and praise Him for HIs great love and kindness Truly He is awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home