Cairo Kairos

Sunday, July 09, 2006

I keep waiting to send out the address to this sight until I can figure out exactly what I am doing but at the rate I am going it will become as outdated as my Christmas letter which never got sent. Hmmm maybe I could post that letter and finally be done with that task as well!
So pardon the pathetic blog format.I can't figure out how to get my pic into the profile box any help out there?

It is Sunday, and as many of you are enjoying your weekend and looking forward to the big game tonight, we here in Egypt are already back at work. I started my second week of summer school today and lets just say the weekend wasn't long enough! I teach a mere 4 classes but ,with kids who all have either dyslexia, ADD or ADHD plus a variety of other small learning struggles, it can make for a very long arduous day. ( imagine an emoticom of a person pulling their hair out right here)! I enjoy the kids but dislike the pressure of trying to actually accomplish something. Today we had to turn in our goals and our strategies to achieve them, the use of duck tape was one of my strategies, my supervisor wasn't impressed.

Even though it seems like a forever long day, in reality I am done at about 3 p.m. which makes for a 4 hour shorter day than usual. So I am home enjoying daylight, a cool breeze and the company of Caleb who is working out 2 more of his final four teeth.Life is good!

For those of you who know Kerry McGuigan she got married on July 3rd and just sent a few pixs which I will post. She was a bit (understatement) bummed as she had an outdoor wedding and reception and it evidently rained a bit...OK alot. But as you can tell by the photo's she was beautiful as was the scenery. She and Marcus will honeymoon in Spain on their way back to Cairo where she will resume her teaching and he will start a job with the church in the finance department.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy!

Love the idea of you blogging. I tried it once and couldn't keep up with it...being a inconsistent emailer is my destiny (though I used to swear it never would be). I love the pictures! You look fantastic and your little boy is adorable.

I'm taking grad school classes this summer...kind of weird being a student again, though it hasn't been that long...but, you know. so that's the short version!

Basic message: I support your blogging endeavor. :)
much love,
Colleen

10:14 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I love the whole blog thing - my college friends and I just started one. I am addicted to it!! I think of you often and glad I got to see some photos.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home