Cairo Kairos

Wednesday, August 16, 2006


Dahab Revisited
This last week I traveled back to Dahab with a Cairo friend as well as Nancy and Caleb who are visiting and my Caleb. The town seemed to have recovered fairly well since the bombing that took place on my last visit. It was a bit eerie though. Caleb loved the water and the rush of the tide. He is turning into quite the independent little boy! He is happy to head off on his own and makes friends with everyone he meets. He spent an entire morning hanging out with these little Bedouin girls who make bracelets to sell to the tourists, and waiters at every restaurant were eager to feed him banana's and candy and take him on tours of the kitchen. Quite the charmer he is!
We did a bit of snorkeling, hiking and 4 wheeling which I love. Between the beauty of the undersea life and the mountains that hug the shoreline, I am always in amazement of God's creativity and goodness.
I have the rest of August off to finish organizing my life and house. I am loving the quality of time with Caleb and get a bit sad thinking about going back to the daily grind. Not sure how much effort to put into settling here in my plush accomodations as it seems unlikely that we will be here beyond Dec. I am going to look around in the area for something similar although not so palatial. I am hoping to find something small with a yard. In Maadi, flats with a garden are a prized commodity and usually priced out of my range. In the meantime I am going to soak up the luxury!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Happy Belated Birthday - I hope you enjoyed the time in Dahab, looks like you did. I think of you often!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home