Cairo Kairos

Sunday, August 06, 2006

I have had a fun walk down memory lane tonight as one of my old youth group kids is here visiting for a few weeks with her husband. We spent the evening looking through old pixs and reminiscing about
times I yelled at her, or all her attempts at pulling one over on me on a retreat or the very funny conversations we used to have (which I suspect she deeply regrets now :) ). In search of pictures from her era I found tons of pictures from many era's. Hideous hairdo's, the ridiculoulsy huge red glasses ala Sally Jessy Raphael, and a way chubbier face! Man, not missing those days! But regretful fashion aside what a great life I have lived!!! I have had amazing jobs and gotten to work with amazing kids and how cool is it that so many of these people are still a part of my life. It sounds so cheesy to say that I am "blessed" but what other word describes it? To love what you do and to love the people who have worked and walked along side of you all the way isn't by any means a guarantee but rather an added benefit from God ...a blessing! So to all of you (high school buds, mentors, youth group kids, interns and friends of all ages) a reminder that I count myself privileged to have had each of you to have walked with me at some point in my journey.

OK enough sentimentality... yeah Nancy is here with her husband Caleb (whoo hoo!) and we have been doing the semi tourist thing, a little looking around and a lot of layin around...by the pool of course. Enjoying lots of great conversation and catching a glimpse of the person she has become. I always looked forward to the time that kids would no longer be "my kids" and would be just my friends. It is satisfying.

Like I said I have been blessed!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Honestly, I am the one who is blessed to have lived there if only for a year. It has now been 10 years since I left, 11 since I came. Wow - I can't believe I have known you that long! Thanks for blessing me! Jen Keller

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home