Cairo Kairos

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve 2006
Spent most of the day baking away on my Christmas baskets, this years specialty item was almond truffles! I am amazing even myself (cheese popcorn was a total flop though). Went to the Christmas Eve service sang all the songs but it felt pretty shallow...Christmas Eve without Dave P. just isn't normal, but as we (Petrescue Kids and Brenda and I) keep reminding ourselves that it is a new and different definition of good and normal. So I am not prone to talk in terms of a "Merry" Christmas but it is still a joyousday worthy of our celebration. It is awe inspiring to think that Dave and my Macon are celebrating it together in His presence.
Tmorrow Caleb and I will do our morning thang and hang with the neighbors a bit and then head over to SkipBo's around noon. To all who read this before the day may you have a blessed and joyous day celebrating the birth of our King!
FYI cards have all been mailed! Late I know but way better than years past

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home