Cairo Kairos

Monday, January 01, 2007

It is so cold in these big ole villas that we have had to resort to creating our own fireplaces! This is in the foyer of my neighbors place.
Talk about trying to fill some big shoes!

Welcome to 2007!
Caleb and I rang in the New Year and partied on until 2 a.m.(this kid is soooo Egyptian!) We party hopped a bit and ended up at the Stringfield's to celebrate with them and SkipBo and family. I had a chance to catch up with some of the college kids who were back in town and that was fun as always. Caleb and I spent the night at SkipBo's and then got up and went apartment hunting...yes I know I reported that I had a place...yes I know that I have reported that on a number of ocassions, but things keep falling thru, so I am not going to say anymore until I actually sign a contract.
If you read this before tommorrow (Tuesday) I would appreciate your prayers as I have to go and renew my visa in the a.m. Now it really should be no problem as many folks live here 15 -20 years on tourist visas but it is happened that people have been refused a renewal. That could be a very serious problem for me so even though it is unlikely it still eats at me, so I would greatly appreciate your prayers that all would go smooth and easy and that I could relax in faith.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cairo-karios said...

It is never to late to pray when you are dealing with the government! They were overloaded with applications and told me to come backin 4 days so keep on praying!!!

10:38 AM  
Blogger auDi tHis woRld said...

Love you so much and trust that He will see you through the process!!! He loves that little one you're with way too much to not renew your visa. Trust that what He has entrusted with you, He will help you to support and love..and you can only do that right now in the place where you are! No worries, my friend! You're in good Hands!!!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Please let us know what happens with the visa! Great to get your update. Happy New Year!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home