Cairo Kairos

Thursday, July 13, 2006



July 4th in Cairo
Domestic Bliss
Once I upon a time...I used the term "domestic bliss" in a rather perjorative fashion. I assumed that household chores were a form of bondage, something only to be endured never enjoyed. The fact that I was single, had a full time maid, and worked a chaotic, non stop schedule all contributed to my misunderstanding of the meaning of "domestic bliss". My life is so different now in my post ministry days, a bit slower in a sense. I still work long days and it is still a very hectic schedule but my mind isn't as busy as it once was and so life seems slower to me. It allows me to ponder other issues or to actually be quiet and ponder nothing. Somehow moving at this quieter slower pace has freed something up in me. Tonight as I cooked dinner for Caleb and I, I had a type of "ah ha!" moment. I was chopping veggies, washing dishes, soaking stains out of his clothes, (and feeding chicken heads and feet to the dogs I am caring for, but that is aside from my point) and I was experiencing a form of well...bliss! I was enjoying caring for my home and feeding my child not because it was a chore that had to be done but because it was my joy. Weird! Maybe I am finally growing up.
For you more recent ex Maadi ites: Travis Black is BACK! He is here to fill the interim youth pastor position while a year long search takes place. I am happy to have him back, but I doubt that I will see him much with his new title and schedule.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie M. Lee said...

Amy, This blog is great. I know that people say blogs are impersonal, but it's all I can keep up with these days.

Caleb is adorable, and dare I say it, gorgeous!!! Wow, those eyes are powerful. How do you ever say no?

No time to update you on our lives...check out my blog to keep up: www.threeyearsinprinceton.blogspot.com

Miss you,
Laurie (Jacks) Lee

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home