Cairo Kairos

Saturday, July 29, 2006

First Day of Vacation!
Heaven...I 'm in Heaven... Seriously, today was awesome, We did nothing, zip, zilch, nada! Well unless laying by the pool playing scrabble counts as something or sleeping in until 9 a.m. It is a tough life but as you know someone has to live it. Paris Hilton has her course in life and this is my lot in life.
Summer School was no joy but it makes vacation feel well deserved. I will think twice next summer before I sign up to do it again!
Yesterday I went to bed with Caleb at 9 p.m. exhausted after two nights of minimal sleep. Wednesday night was spent at the emergency room learning the meaning of "croup". We had eaten popcorn not long before he had gone to bed and so when he woke up making this bizarre noise (barking like a seal) and having difficulty breathing, it seemed as if something had gotten caught in his passage way, besides the fact that he had no fever or any other clue to indicate sickness. I tried to act calm and not worry but finally broke down at midnight and called a nurse friend for advice. She said "better safe than sorry" and that was all I needed to hop in the car and go.
In the end it was croup.
So we are having some snotty days but all in all its not too bad.
So yeah it is vacation and I am pumped. I have a old friend (actually an old youth group kid) from Denver and her husband coming to visit on Tuesday for a couple of weeks. Hopefully we will make it out of town to somewhere. If not I am happy to hang around here and just catch up on her life. Getting around is a bit of a hassle as I have still not yet bought a car. For the last few months I have been able to borrow different friends cars while they traveled. Now I am in discussion either to buy a affordable piece of junk or to hire a taxi on a fulltime basis with my neighbors.
My neighbors are a family I have known for years from church. They are in their mid 30's with 3 daughters. Juleen is a teacher at CAC and Roger is a househusband. The property we live on has twin villa's side by side. We share the pool and yard and are really looking for ways to live more in community. It is a great arrangement for us as we are similar in lifestyle and have many of the same friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home